The Kansas Health Foundation is driven by a mission to improve the health of all Kansans. The Foundation joins with the World Health Organization in defining health as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
Foundation Focus Areas
To accomplish its mission, the Kansas Health Foundation’s board of directors approved the following focus areas:
- Promoting the healthy behaviors of Kansans
- Strengthening the public health system
- Providing health data and information to policy makers
- Building civic leadership
- Growing community philanthropy